The following terms governs the use of Phonebook service for all visitors and listings.
- You, Phonebook.ph (or “Phonebook”) visitor (or “user” or “visitor”), are free to access, search Phonebook listings (or “Listings”), read articles (such as press releases and help resources) and download shared resources.
- Phonebook does not guarantee 100% accuracy of its listings. But we strive to fact check every listing submission.
- You may not hotlink Phonebook images.
- You may republish press releases, provided it’s verbatim.
- Phonebook incorporates advertisements and paid campaigns to keep it running and free, however, we strive to make them seamless with our content and non-obtrusive.
- Phonebook content is intended to be appropriate for all ages, however, we don’t discriminate nor discount the fact that there maybe lawful businesses who want to be listed but are inappropriate for children. Therefore, we strongly advise parents against letting their children, who are minors, to use Phonebook without supervision.
- Phonebook maybe down from time-to-time for routine maintenance and/or upgrades, in which case, shared listings (Digital Calling Card) and other services will not be available.
- Phonebook may amend or update this Terms of Service without prior notice at its sole discretion. It is up to the user to keep themselves informed of these changes.
- By using Phonebook, you hereby agree to this Terms of Service.
- Phonebook.ph reviews all listings for completeness and, to some degree, fact-checks Yellow Page listings before publishing. However, Phonebook.ph makes no guarantee of validity, accuracy or reliability of the information found in the listings. Use the listing information at your own risk.
- Trademarks, service marks, brands and logos found in the listings are copyright and property of their respective owners. Images containing such properties, either submitted by the lister or gathered from the public domain, are published under fair use.
- Publishing of listings on Phonebook.ph does not constitute as endorsements.
What personal information do Phonebook.ph collect?
- Phonebook.ph does not collect personal information unless the website visitors volunteer it.
- When you register on Phonebook.ph, you are required to enter your user name and e-mail address to complete the registration process.
- When you voluntarily send Phonebook.ph messages using the website contact form, we collect your email address, your internet IP address and your message so that we may reply to you.
- When you search or view listing details, your usage activity is recorded. This is done to help us improve our service, fine tune listings, and manage limited server resources.
- When you voluntarily provide contact information to get listed on Phonebook, we collect your minimum information as required in our Listing Terms.
i. Phonebook Listing (or Listing) is a publicly searchable classified record containing contact information of telephone subscribers.
ii. Listings are collated information either from sources readily available in the public domain or from voluntary submissions through the Listing Form.
iii. Phonebook is a community effort in that the service also rely on the public to provide updated contact information of its’ listings and to submit new listings.
iv. You, the end user, by using Phonebook, either to search for information or to get listed, agree to the following Listing Terms:
- Listings must be for lawful purposes.
- Listing is open to individuals (residential), business, government, academia, health care and other institutions, e.g. non-profit, religious institutions, social clubs, cooperatives, etc.
- Minimum information to get listed are name, telephone number (mobile or landline), telephone company, province, city, country.
- You must be a resident of the Philippines or a non-resident and have a local phone number and a designated province and city, as your home base, to get listed.
- Primary telephone number must be a Philippine telephone number.
- You maybe listed more than once, one for each telephone number.
- You may submit a new listing yourself or through your designated listing agent or proxy.
- Additional Listing information may include: an official photo or logo, zip code, one or more secondary telephone numbers (with or without extension), business classification (for business listings only), facsimile numbers, official website hyperlink, up to two social media hyperlink, an e-mail address, one or more aliases, and a short BIO or description.
- Listing photo or logo must be decent, tasteful and should be appropriate for all ages.
- Hyperlinks, such as official website and social media, must be actual links. Hyperlink aliases are not allowed, except for shortcuts created by Phonebook for extra long links. It must point to reputable websites and portals only. Query parameters in links are not allowed.
- Vulgarity and profanity is not allowed.
- Phonebook listing goes through a manual review process to ensure listings meet our listing requirements and terms. Not all listing submissions are guaranteed to be listed.
- Listing corrections may be initiated by the public through “Suggest Edit.”
- It is in Phonebook’s sole discretion to correct listing information – which may include correcting typographical errors, notations, proper caps, and/or reclassification – and approve or reject listing submissions.
- Phonebook doesn’t use search ranking, it is up you or your to the listing agent to provide accurate information (and business classification, where applicable) to appear in search results properly.
- There is no expiration date on published listings. However, business listings maybe removed if it’s known to have gone defunct.
- Listings maybe shared, through unique links (Digital Calling Card), unlimited number of times, provided it is not use to abuse Phonebook usage.
- Users may search as many times as they want per day provided it is not done automatically in rapid frequency (in excess of 3 searches per minute), as a denial of service attack, or to leech information. Phonebook may ban such users via IP Blocking for any period of time including indefinitely.
- Any one search result can be up to fifty listings only.
- Phonebook does not loan, rent or sell its listing to any affiliate or third-party. It is solely exclusive for Phonebook use.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to ‘remember’ you and your preferences, either for a single visit or for multiple repeat visits. They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as ‘first party cookies’), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (‘third party cookies’).
- Phonebook.ph also uses tracking cookies, these are set by trusted third party networks (e.g. bb7 : Shortlinks and Google Analytics) to track details such as the number of unique visitors, and pageviews to help improve the user experience.
- Phonebook.ph makes use of different third party applications, plugins, and services to enhance the experience of website visitors. These include social media and streaming platforms such as Soundcloud, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter through embedded content or sharing buttons. As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties, and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
- Phonebook.ph does not have any custom cookies other than those created by the platform and third party components.
Note: For an explanation about the purpose with some of these cookies, please visit Wordpress.org.
Questions? Contact us.